The Korean baritone, Josef Jeongmeen Ahn studied singing at August Everding Theater Academy in Munich, The University of Music and Performing Arts Munich, and Seoul National University.
Josef was sponsored by the German Stage Association of Bavaria while performing at August Everding Theater Academy. After the academy, he performed in Kammeroper Munich in the role of Guglielmo in Cosi fan Tutte in the Cuviele Theater in Munich and in six other cities near Munich.
He has appeared in opera productions as Marcello (La Bohème, G. Puccini), Guglielmo (Cosi fan tutte, W. A. Mozart), Raphaël (L’Ancêtre, C. Saint-Saëns), Teufel (Die drei goldenen Haare des Teufels, SJ Hanke) and Papageno (Die Zauberflöte), W. A. Mozart) and Malatesta (Don Pasquale, G. Donizetti).
Josef is the winner of numerous international singing competitions and is currently an artist in the Young Artist Programme at the National Opera Studio in London.
- From the 21/22 season, Josef is an artist in the Young Artist Programme at the National Opera Studio in London.
- Received 1st prize at the Marmande Competition in France.
- Josef won the Richard Strauss Competition in 2018.
- In 2021 he took 3rd Prize in ARD Competition in München, Germany.
- Won the Lied Prize at the Debut Competition in Weikersheim.
- 1st prize at the 29th Tokyo Music Competition and also at the 26th Korean Voice Competition.