Josephine studied at the Guildhall School of Music & Drama, London Academy of Radio, Fil and Television in London. She currently studies with Alison Buchanan.
Josephine has achieved impressive success working in Theatre, film, and television. She has made notable appearances in many productions in London, the United States, Paris, Belgium, and Morocco. She is a creative and energetic worker who is dedicated and passionate about her work and has a zest for life.
He numerous credits include – Anna 1 (Kurt Weill’s) “Seven Deadly Sins” at Arcola Theatre, directed by Mehmet Ergen. She gained critical acclaim Timeout said of her “Long and striking with the voice of a nightingale”. Lead soloist with the Gamelan Orchestra at the Royal Festival Hall; Lead soloist for the Centenary Concert of Nazim Hikmet at the Queen Elizabeth Hall. Cast included Julie Christie; Played the role of Tyler in “Life on Mars” for Channel 4. Starred as Basya’s Woman in Hallmarks production “In the Beginning” alongside Steven Berkoff, Dame Diana Riggs, and Art Malik; Iras in Hallmarks production of “Cleopatra” for ABC Network alongside Billy Zane, Timothy Dalton and Rupert Graves; A Gypsy in the English National Opera’s production of “The Diary of One who vanished” by Janacek and directed by Deborah Warner and translated by Seamus Heaney; Jenny’s Girl in Kurt Weill’s Opera “ Mahogonny” for the English national Opera alongside Lesley Garrett and directed by Declan Donnellan; Lead soloist for the Covent Garden festival at St. Clement Dances Church, on The Strand; Myrt in “Carmen Jones” at The Old Vic, directed by Simon Callow; Villager in “ The Red Rubber” at Antwerp Cultural Festival, Belgium.
Josephine has also appeared in several commercials and modelling campaigns. She has worked as a producer for 1 World Television on several Criss Media projects: Researcher and Presenter for TNTV in London and New York. Recorded a selection of Christmas carols for Revelation TV; soloist for UNICEF concert raising funds for the Sudan Appea.
Josephine is also a Trustee for an environmental charity – Resurgence & Ecologist and is a member of the Development Advisory Committee for Pegasus Opera.
- Participating in Composition in Africa and the Diaspora at the University of Cambridge, August 2007. Organised by Professor Akin Euba, Composer and Director at CIMACC (Centre for Intercultural Musicology at Churchill College, Cambridge)
- Lead Soloist for Ghana @ 50 celebrations – Singing the National Anthem for the country’s 50 Years of Independence in the Presence of our President J A Kufuor at the Independence Square. Organised by Ghana @ 50.
- Soloist: Recording National Anthem for University of Grenada – Composer Shirley Thompson
- Lead Soloist: Musical: Let My People Go – Performed at the Posk Theatre in London. Written and Directed By Josephine Amankwah and Yolanda Thompson. Produced by Pro- Art and 3rd Dimension
- Lead Soloist: UNICEF Christmas Concert in aid of Sudan Appeal called The Birth of Spirituals and the Gospel With Readings from Prince Mohsin Alikan, Teteh Kofi and Her Grace Princess Natalya E. Youssoupppoff. Produced by Pro-Art and UNICEF Committee. Directed by Vesna Petkovic
- Recorded and filmed a collection of Christmas Carols for Revelation TV. Produced by 3rd Dimension and Revelation TV. Directed by Revelation TV
- Role: Anna 1 in The Seven Deadly Sins by Kurt Weill. Directed by Mehmet Ergen at Arcola Theatre.
- Lead Soloist with the Gamelan Orchestra for the Gamelan Festival. Produced by the Royal Festival Hall. Directed by Nikhil Dally.
- Lead Soloist in an evening of poetry and music to celebrate the Centenary of the poet Nazim Hikmet. Cast included Julie Christie, Vanessa Redgrave and Harold Pinter. Josephine earned critical praise for her performance of Turkish folk songs reviewed by CNN Broadcast Live. Directed by Mehmet Ergen.
- Role: Erica – In Looking at the Sun by Out of Southwark Playhouse for the Battersea Opera Festival. Directed by Mehmet Ergen.
- Role: Tyler – Life on Mars produced for Channel 4.com. Directed by Kate Kinnard
- Role: Irina – Lost in the Stars by Kurt Weill. Produced by Out of Southwark playhouse for the Battersea Opera Festival. Directed By Mehmet Ergen. Josephine earned critical praise for her performance reviewed by Richard Sheridan for the International Herald Tribune.
- Role: Basya’s Woman – In the Beginning. A film for Hallmark production starring Steven Berkoff and Dame Diana Riggs. Directed by Kevin Connor and Produced by Paul Lowin.
- Role: The Gypsy/Ensemble – The Diary of one who vanished by Janacek. Produced by English National Opera, starring Ian Bostridge, Ruby Philogene and Julius Drake. Translated by Seamus Heaney and Directed by Deborah Warner.
- Role: Iras – Hallmarks production of Cleopatra for ABC Network, starring Timothy Dalton, Billy Zane, Art Malik and Rupert Graves. Directed by Franc Roddam and Produced by Dyson Lovell.
- Role: Model for Jacob’s Biscuit television commercial. Produced by the Producers and directed by Robert Bierman.
- Role: Photographic model for M&S Saatchi advertising campaign for Garrards jewellers. Appeared in Vogue, Elle, The Sunday Times, Harper’s & Queen and Tatler Magazine.
- Recorded Benjamin Britten Cabaret songs for Catalunya Radio Station. For the International Music Festival in Manlleu, Spain. Music Director: Iain Burnside
- Role: Jenny’s Girl – Mahogonny by Kurt Weill for English National Opera. Starring Lesley Garrett. Directed by Declan Donellan and conducted by Sian Edwards
- Lead Soloist for the Young artist concert at the Covent Garden Festival, St. Clement Danes Church, in the Strand.
- Role: The First Lady and The Sailor – Dido and Aeneas by Henry Purcell. Produced by Black Swan Opera at the Tricycle Theatre in which Josephine earned critical praise for her performance reviewed by Rodney Milnes in Opera Magazine.
- Role: A Villager in Red Rubber by Dirk D’Haese. Produced by Sign of The Times Opera for the Antwerp Cultural festival. Performed at Desingel Theatre in Antwerp, Belgium. Directed by Alexander Steyermark and conducted by Dirk D’ Haese.
- Role: Myrt – Carmen Jones at The Old Vic Theatre. Directed by Simon Callow and Conducted by Henry Lewis. Produced by Turnstyle Theatre Production
- Role: A Neighbour – In a Small Green Space by IIona Sekacz for The Baylis Programme at the English National Opera. Directed by David Sulkin, Written by Fay Weldon and conducted by IIona Sekacz.
- Producer and Researcher for 1 World Television – produced a cross section of multi media shows.
- Producer and Researcher for Crunch Can productions.