Julia Daramy-Williams was born in Singapore of African and Asian descent. She is an alumna of the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, where she completed her training at bachelor’s, master’s levels, and at the Conservatoire’s Alexander Gibson Opera School.
During her training, Julia won numerous awards in internal competitions, including those in French Mélodie, Lieder and Russian Song, and generous scholarships through the Conservatoire and other trusts.
Since then, Julia was a member of English National Opera Chorus for seasons 2019 – 2021, and performed in the Olivier Award-winning Porgy & Bess Ensemble for both the English and Dutch National Opera companies.
- Strawberry Woman, Porgy and Bess (Grange Park Opera);
- Flopsy, Tod!;
- Miss Austin, The Elephant Angel (Cromarty Youth Opera);
- Second Young Nun, The Fiery Angel (Scottish Opera);
- Young Woman, The Day After;
- Iseut, Le vin herbé;
- Giunone, Il ritorno d’Ulisse (Royal Conservatoire of Scotland).