Natasha Agarwal is a British-Indian soprano from Liverpool. She trained at the Royal Academy of Music and was a Serena Fenwick Young Artist with British Youth Opera. Awards include the Charles Wood Festival International Song Prize, David Clover Singers’ Platform Recital Prize, North London Festival Recital Prize and Lesley Garrett Opera Prize (runner-up).
She is a semi-finalist in the upcoming Voices of Black Opera competition in Birmingham. She is currently performing the role of Neera in Will Todd’s new opera Migrations with Welsh National Opera and covering Amore in Gluck’s Orfeo ed Euridice at Opera North.
Natasha is also trained in dance styles including ballet, tap, contemporary and classical Indian dance and is now an ambassador for All England Dance, having previously won their “Young Dancer of the Year” award.
“Natasha Agarwal’s Lapák the dog, deliciously costumed, of the smaller roles was particularly noteworthy and I hope to hear more of this RAM-trained singer.”
- CClarke, Seen and Heard International, Opera Holland Park The Cunning Little Vixen 2021
“Natasha Agarwal made an appealing Selena, bringing a real sense of character to the role.”
Robert Hugill, Planet Hugill, Tête à Tête Opera Festival Apollo’s Mission 2019
“Natasha has a persona and presence of real note. (…) Actress and singer of equal stature, she certainly has the gift of making a character her own.”
- Roderic Dunnett, Seen and Heard International, Opera Warwick Die Fledermaus 2017
“Natasha Agarwal’s Neera and Brittany Olivia Logan’s Bridget stand out in a good cast”
The Times, Welsh National Opera Migrations, 2022
“Natasha Agarwal, soprano and award-winning dancer, mesmerised as an Indian doctor”
The Observer, Welsh National Opera Migrations, 2022
- Frasquita Carmen (Opera Holland Park & Opera North)
- Zora Svadba (Waterperry Opera Festival)
- Sukanya’s Friend Sukanya (LPO at Royal Festival Hall)
- Lapák TheCunning Little Vixen (Opera Holland Park)
- Selena Apollo’s Mission (Tête à Tête Festival)
- Carolina Il Matrimonio Segreto and Nerina La Fedeltà Premiata (Royal Opera House Mumbai)
- Ariadne The Frogs (Scottish Opera)
- Susanna Le nozze di Figaro (Opera Warwick)
- During the pandemic she was a guest soloist for WNO’s Creating Change film series and the Bitesize Proms online platform Concert highlights include soprano soloist in Handel’s Messiah, Mozart’s C Minor Mass, Jenkins’ Armed Man, Orff’s Carmina Burana and Bach’s St. Matthew Passion, as well as songs recitals at the Italian Cultural Institute and Leeds Lieder Festival.