Sandeep Gurrapadi is an Indian-American operatic tenor, educator and composer with experience in the
UK, Europe, India, China and America. He's been invited to perform as a soloist in venues ranging from the Beijing National Stadium, the Royal Opera House of Mumbai, the Southbank Centre in London and Wales Millennium Centre in Cardiff.
In 2022, Sandeep made his debut with the Welsh National Opera portraying the role of ‘Roberto’ in the production Shoemaker and was an artist in residence with the prestigious BrittenPears foundation at Snape Maltings – UK. Also in 2022, Sandeep covered the role of Clockkeeper in the acclaimed opera Violet for the Aldeburgh Festival with the London
Sinfonietta (produced by Music Theatre Wales and ROH – Covent Garden) and originated the leading 5 roles of ‘Mathew Hopkins’ in Witchfinder by Cohere Arts, ‘Narrator’ in Meal One by 509 Arts [This included a 6 City – UK wide tour and concluded with performances at the Southbank Centre] and ‘Dodi
Fayed’ Silver Spoon by Keynote Opera [Premiered at Beaumaris Festival and conducted by Anthony Hose].
Also a theatre and workshop facilitator, Sandeep has worked with organisations such as English National Opera (Baylis), Trinity Laban Conservatoire, Royal Opera House of Mumbai, Singapore Raffles Music College and Streetwise Opera.
As a contemporary classical music specialist Sandeep has been highly sought after and has premiered works in festivals such as Tete a tete, Grimeborn, Beaumaris and London Festival of American Music.
Alongside performing Sandeep is also a Doctoral Researcher on full-scholarship with the Guildhall School of Music and Drama. www.sandeepgurrapadi.com
Experience with Pegasus:
In 2020 Sandeep was an Opera Mentoree with Pegasus Opera Company. Following this, he portrayed the
the role of ‘Adolphus’ in the opera ‘Passion, Poisson and Petrifaction’ (2021) and the Italian Gardener in
‘The Aspern Papers’ (2022) both composed by Philip Hageman, produced by the Pegasus Opera
Company and performed at the Susie Sainsbury Theatre – Royal Academy of Music.
- Featured soloist representing India at the Dialogue of Asian Civilisations
for the Chinese President in Beijing’s National Stadium, China [Bird’s
Nest stadium.] (2019)
- Principal roles with Welsh National Opera (2022), Aldeburgh Festival
- (2022), Southbank Centre (2022), Royal Opera House of Mumbai(2016,
2017) and Buxton Opera Festival.
- Artist Residency and Performances with BrittenPears Foundation, Snape Maltings (2022, 2023)
- Finalist in International Boosey and Hawkes Finzi Art Song competition(2022)
- Featured soloist on the BBC One Show (2021)
- UK Wide tour with production ‘Meal One’ – venues including (Hull Truck Theatre, Bradford Alhambra Theatre, Southbank Centre – London, The Curve – Leicester) (2022)
- Recital Tour of India (Royal Opera House of Mumbai, Bangalore International Centre and Pune Music Society) (2023)